What are the signs that it’s time to replace my roof?
Your roof is one of the most important parts of your house. It’s better to be proactive and look for early signs a roof will need replacing to minimize repair costs and risks of injury or property damage.
1. Water Damage in the Upstairs or Attic
2. The Roof Has Outlived its Lifespan
- Asphalt shingles: 15 to 30 years
- Architectural shingles: 25 to 30 years
- Wood shingles: 30 years with regular maintenance
- Clay tiles: 50 years or more
- Metal roofing: Up to 70 years
- Slate tile: 50 to 100+ years
3. The Roof Sags
4. Moss, Mold, or Fungi Have Taken Over
5. Curling or Buckling Shingles
6. Missing Shingles or Granules
7. Missing Flashing, Gutter Guards or Fascia
8. You’re Frustrated by Your Cooling Bills
9. A Roofing Inspection Determines Repairs Aren’t Sufficient
Professional roofing contractors are experienced with different types of roof damage and signs of an aging roof. They know where to look and can safely traverse roofs of various slopes. They can also tell you if you need a roof repair or a complete roof replacement.
Schedule an inspection with Harmer Built as soon as possible if your roof is showing signs it will need replacing. Call 704-235-8303 today!