Homeowners will usually ask this question at some point when they notice issues with their roof. Is it better to repair your roof or replace it?
Your decision can affect the overall look and value of your home. Here are a few things to keep in mind when deciding to repair your roof or replace it:
- Shingle repair. Missing a few shingles? If your roof is relatively new (and you happen to have a few extra shingles from the install) then replacing those few torn or damaged shingles can be a quick and inexpensive roof repair. If your roof is a little older, shingle replacement, even if the color doesn’t match perfectly, can add a few more years of life to your roof.
When NOT to repair? If you have a sizable area of shingles to replace, matching the existing roof can be nearly impossible. This would be the time to talk to your roofer about replacing the entire roof.
- Total Roof Replacement. When deciding on a complete roof replacement budget usually is the top concern. Before you decide a new roof is out of your budget consult with your roofer.
- Discuss the age of your current roof. Most roofs last between 15-30 years, depending on the type of shingles used. If your roof is close to its lifetime, you will come out better with a total roof replacement.
- Weather. Depending on where you live your roof may get beaten up by storms, wind, and other harsh conditions often. These factors, combined with the age of your roof, may dictate that complete replacement is the best option to ensure a durable roof.
- Financing. Don’t let a lack of funds prevent you from having your roof repaired or replaced. Harmer Built Roofing offers financing for homeowners.
- Payments as low as $99 per month.
- 12 Months same as cash financing for qualified homeowners.
- Get pre-qualified: click here
Do you live in Salisbury NC, Concord, NC, Charlotte NC, or surrounding areas? We’d love to work with you!
Free estimates: 704-235-8303 Email Us